Sunday services are a great first step to learning more about Jesus and experiencing what it’s like to belong to a church family. We invite you to check it out and become part of a movement of people who love God, one another, and our neighbours as we hear God and follow Him day by day.
Our Sunday service on June 13 is @ 11 a.m. You are welcome! Our capacity is currently 160 people (1/3 of fire code capacity), in accordance with AHS guidelines.
If you prefer, online services continue: check them out there.
June 20 we will go to 10 a.m. for the summer. In the Fall we anticipate resuming regular 9:30 and 11:00 services.
NOTE: We follow all AHS protocols.
Out of love for our neighbour, for public health and safety, and in accordance with biblical mandates to obey our government, we support and follow all AHS and City orders, including:
- Masks are required in the building. Please bring your own. If you forget, you will be provided with one. If you have a medical condition preventing you from wearing a mask, please stay home and worship on line.
- Social distancing is respected at all times (no hugging, shaking hands, etc.)
- If, in the past 14 days you have had any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, runny nose, sore throat, please stay home and worship online.
- If you have been in contact with a person with Covid-19 or been in contact with anyone from outside of the country in the past 14 days, please stay home and worship online.
- If you have been tested and are awaiting Covid test results, please stay home and worship online.
Some things that will be different:
- We make a list of all attendees, in case someone who attends is later diagnosed with Covid, we can inform others who attended. This is an "in house" record, "just in case ..."
- The spoken parts (prayers, sermon) will be live. For music, the service will use the same music videos that will be in the online service (no live worship team). You are welcome to hum along or sing quietly to yourself.
- Children and youth stay with their parents. Our Sunday School rooms are too small to safely provide classes. Pizza boxes (activity boxes) are provided. Please reserve one by emailing Angela, firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also welcome to bring quiet activities for your kids in the pews.
If you have a medical condition that does not allow you to wear a mask, please make full use of our online services instead, as before. This allows you to love and serve other people – including some of our staff – who cannot safely be in the church with people not wearing masks. “Loving each other” means putting others first, and not putting other people at risk or forcing them to stay home. Our commitment: online services will continue as before, to engage as many as possible.
If you feel uncomfortable with the guidelines or have medical conditions that prevent you from wearing a mask, you are welcome to continue worshiping online. Online services will continue as normal.
Out of love for our neighbour and our community, our top priority is the health and safety of all, especially those most vulnerable.
We appreciate this is a difficult time for all of us, particularly difficult for people who do not have internet access. We are regularly phoning people, mailing out sermons and study guides, etc.
We will keep everyone informed through our weekly newsletter or email email@example.com.