Sunday services are a great first step to learning more about Jesus and experiencing what it’s like to belong to a church family. We invite you to check it out and become part of a movement of people who love God, one another, and our neighbours as we hear God and follow Him day by day.
We continue our online services, so if worshiping online works for you, please continue to do so!
We do have in person services Sundays at 11 am. They are at 11 am so people attending Sunday morning classes can attend. If attendance rises, we will add a 9:30 service.
Out of love for our neighbour, for public health and safety, and in accordance with biblical mandates to obey our government, we follow all AHS and City guidelines and bylaws, including:
- Masks are mandatory in the building. Please bring your own. If you forget, you will be provided with one. If you have a medical condition preventing you from wearing a mask, you should NOT come for your safety and the safety of others.
- Social distancing is respected at all times (no hugging, shaking hands, etc.)
- Do NOT come if in the past 14 days you have had any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, runny nose, sore throat,
- Do NOT come if you have been in contact with a person with Covid-19 or been in contact with anyone from outside of the country in the past 14 days
- Do NOT come if you have been tested and are awaiting Covid test results
Some things that will be different:
- We will make a list of all attendees, in case someone who attends is later diagnosed with Covid, we can inform others who attended.
- For music, the service will use the same music videos that will be in the online service (no live worship team). The spoken parts (prayers, sermon) will be live. You are welcome to hum along or sing quietly to yourself, but AHS discourages full congregational singing.
- Children and youth will stay with their parents at all times. Our Sunday School rooms are too small to safely provide classes. We do not have staff or volunteers supervising in youth/children’s ministries. Please bring quiet activities for your kids in the pews.
- There will be no indoor social time before or after the service.
If you have a medical condition that does not allow you to wear a mask, please make full use of our online services instead, as before. This allows you to love and serve other people – including some of our staff – who cannot safely be in the church with people not wearing masks. “Loving each other” means putting others first, and not putting other people at risk or forcing them to stay home. Our commitment: online services will continue as before, to engage as many as possible.
If you feel uncomfortable with the guidelines or have medical conditions that prevent you from wearing a mask, you are welcome to continue worshiping online. Online services will continue as normal.
Our top priority is the health and safety of all, especially those most vulnerable.
We appreciate this is a difficult time for all of us, particularly difficult for people who do not have internet access. We are regularly phoning people, mailing out sermons and study guides, etc.
We will keep everyone informed through our weekly newsletter or email email@example.com.
Here are a couple of other helpful links
- AHS COVID-19 information : guidance for places of worship (Stage 2) (June 22, 2020)
- Reopening Wisely and Re-imaging Forward (CBAC)
- Don’t Reopen Until...You've Thought Through These Three Things No One is Talking About!
- Insight into the experience of Pastors during this crisis